Volunteers are the backbone of IWISH. Dr. Audrey Stryker began this organization by volunteering her time and treasures. IWISH is searching for individuals with a passion for our mission. Previous volunteers have included: physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, photojournalists, truck drivers, teachers, as well as college students. Our volunteers need not be medical professionals. We need volunteers to not only work on our projects abroad but also to assist with the preparation before departure.
We are currently seeking the following: (please continue to check back for an updated list)
- !!!!2017 April mission! Seeking medical equipment/technology skilled person to help assess, possibly fix, and set up equipment we have provided to our Haitian colleagues.
- !!!! Nurse Anesthetist for April 2017 mission!
- Medical personnel who can train their peers and colleagues in the following skills areas and instruments: colposcopy, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, LEEP procedures
- Accessories that are used with gynecologic equipment we have provided which can also be used in urologic and orthopedic applications
- Our new work with orphanages means we may need to expand to include pediatrics and social work professionals.
There is a place for all to volunteer so please contact us if you would like to assist us with our Mission to provide medical resources to women and children in underdeveloped communities.